Monday 11 March 2013

Results!!


As promised, the results of my 'Adventures in Calligraphy,'  the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I'll start with the ugly.



And is it ever ugly - this is a combination of attempting to use a very stiff nib, and not having held a calligraphy pen in, ohhh, more than fifteen years.  Yikes.  I would almost be embarassed by this if it weren't somewhat amusing.


My second attempt went much better than the first.  Referencing the alphabets and styles provided in the Calligraphy Bible, I was able to practice some different letter styles.
 

Finally, I felt ready to move onto actual words and was really excited to use that beautiful leaf green calligraphy ink I picked up on Friday.  The black ink is certainly formal and consistent, but I really liked the variation I got with the coloured ink.  I'd like to test out mixing some of the really vibrant colors, such as Scarlet and Blue, with white... hopefully I would end up with some pretty pastels to use around Easter.

And there you have it.  The important part is that I enjoyed working at this again.  I want to keep it up, keep practicing, and see what happens.  It was certainly a nice and relaxing way to spend part of the weekend.

Happy Monday Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment